Yum Yum Better Ice Cream

Posted on August 31, 2015

Yum Yum at its original site, 1973
Yum Yum at its original site, 1973

In 1922, W. B. Aydelette, Sr. opened the West End Ice Cream Company. Located at the northwest corner of Spring Garden and Forest Streets, it eventually became Yum Yum Better Ice Cream.  Commonly known as “Yum Yum,” it was very popular with the students and well known throughout Greensboro for its hot dogs and homemade ice cream.

The University acquired the property and the building was torn down in 1973 to make room for the Mossman Building.  “Yum Yum” relocated one block west and across the street in the former Gray & Creech Building.

Share This