Steam Plant

Posted on August 27, 2015

UNCG's Steam Plant
UNCG’s Steam Plant

The SteamĀ Plant, designed by Fellheimer & Wagner of New York, opened in 1924. It replaced the power plant located on Walker Avenue. The stack is 227 feet high, including the 12 foot bronze cap. The stack above ground weighs 18 tons and was the highest structure in Greensboro at the time of its construction.

Share This