Coleman (Mary Channing) Gymnasium

Posted on August 31, 2015

Coleman Gymnasium
Coleman Gymnasium

On February 11, 1952, Coleman Gymnasium, designed by Loewenstein, Atkins & Associates of Greensboro, North Carolina, opened and was named in honor of Mary Channing Coleman, head of the Department of Physical Education from 1920 to 1947.

In 1989, parts of the 1952 structure were incorporated into the Health and Human Performance Building (now known as the Coleman Building).

Share This