Stone (Mary Frances) Building

Posted on August 31, 2015

Stone Building, 1927
Stone Building (formerly the Home Economics Building), 1928

The Stone Building consists of two wings. The back wing, designed by Harry Barton of Greensboro, North Carolina, opened in 1928 and was called the Home Economics Building. The front wing, designed by Northrup & O’Brien of Winston-Salem, North Carolina, was added in 1951. On February 27, 1956, the complex was named in honor of Mary Frances Stone (Class of 1947) who died in an accident six months after graduation.

Share This